Sunday, March 13, 2011

sewing my own clothes again.

I saw a post over on I Go By Katie about patterns and sewing your own clothes. I have been wanting to get back into making my own clothes for a long time. So, I went to Joann's and got some new patterns! They were on sale for $1.99 each, some of them regular $17! I got a steal! I also looked at some clearance fabric they had even though I do have plenty of vintage fabrics. I like to look anyway. I found two different ones that are perfect for the projects I'm planning. One is a red rayon with big pink flowers. Perfect for a skirt to wear with a tucked in white top. I also got a mustard yellow with a winter flower pattern that will be great as a sleeveless blouse to wear with linen pants this summer. I can't wait to get started! I can add another to-do on my spring break list.



I'm making the "C" skirt with this fabric. 


I'm thinking "C" blouse on this one. 



Oh, and Sadie came over to say hi while I was taking photos :)




Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I made the 2nd pattern - the Cynthia Rowley blue skirt - mine didn't looks as good lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...