Thursday, April 21, 2011

bookworm

I promised myself in my journal when I wrote my goals for 2011 that I would read more books for fun. I have been succeeding! I am now on the 3rd Hunger Games book, Mockingjay. I had to read some stuff for school so I have to kind of time it just right to finish a book these days. I am thinking about buying a Nook Color before my world travels next year (I have been planning on posting about this. Soon!) I think it will be a lot easier for me to read that way and not have to carry around tons of books and magazines. Anyway, I wanted to list out the books I've read so far this year:

Just got this in the mail. So far SO good! It's essays so I can read pick it up at anytime and read a story, put it down, pick up another book. 

I started this but haven't finished it. I got sidetracked (=life)

For school. I liked it but it gave me weird dreams about mailboxes and Africa.

This book is really great. I bought it because Mindy Kaling (from The Office, etc.) recommended it. 


SO different from the movie. Really surprised me! Also, for school.

This was really good and a quick read too! I read it all in an afternoon. 

I had to read Macbeth again for a class but I really like Shakespeare. I think all sorts of stories are thinly veiled Shakespeare adaptations. 


This was for a class too but I had never read it. It's less than 200 pages.


This book is for my Hitchcock class. The professor assigned certain readings depending on what film we're watching that week but I went ahead and read the whole thing. It's for any Hitchcock nut like me. It's like DVD commentary in book form. 


I especially loved the Hunger Games series (not quite finished) and can't wait for the movies! 

Any good suggestions for me?
It is almost summer and I'll have plenty of free time to lounge outside and read a good book!


all images via google image search 

1 comment:

Monica said...

I've seen the Masterpiece show of The 39 Steps. You can just google that and get it. But that is such a good movie/book!

Right now I am enjoying Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.

How is Matched by Ally Condie? I was looking into that book. But I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it or not.

;D

Monica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...